QAD in Configured Products
QAD Enterprise Applications (MFG/PRO) are used at many of the market-leading Configured Products companies throughout the world
The need to be agile in delivering complex products is growing in many markets, and manufacturers have a challenge in addressing customer demand.
Customers want mass customisation. This customer demand conflicts with the need for companies to keep inventory low. It is nearly impossible to predict demand at the final product level of detail, and doing so may result in a needless buildup of never-used finished goods inventory.
A configurator helps in this entire process. By allowing companies to forecast and manufacture at the modular level, it can reduce inventory and lead times. By allowing customers to define the exact product they want, it can improve customer satisfaction, decrease costs and reduce delivery times.
QAD Product Configurator helps to control rework and eliminate errors by simplifying the manufacturer’s product technology and ensuring that requirements are consistent through the entire cycle from quote to delivery.
Configured products company characteristics:
- Produces a large number of end-products out of a relatively small number of standardised components
- Production is based on the assembly of variable items rather than fabrication from scratch
- The manufacturing strategy is “make/assemble-to-order”, rather than “make-to-stock”
- Considers order lead times, sales costs and quote errors too high
Configured products manufacturers can reduce rework, lead times and sales costs by guiding the sales and manufacturing processes with the use of QAD Product Configurator.
QAD Product Configurator addresses the needs of configured products companies, including:
- Configurations in quotes, orders and stand-alone
- Guided selling/rules-based selling through interactive questionnaire for rapid configuration
- Pricing by component or option
- Flexible model creation
- Comprehensive reporting capabilities
- Multi-language capabilities
- Seamless integration to QAD Enterprise Applications
- Automatically creates BOM and work order for manufacturing, reducing errors and delays
- Configured routings or standard routings
- Links sales order and shop order to reduce shipping errors and ensure accurate builds